It’s "déjà vu all over again" on the Tuesday Memo / Econ Minute podcast.
- A few days after Los Angeles declares a state of emergency on homeless, Portland's Mayor Charlie Hales enters "me too" mode and declares a state of emergency in Portland ... even though homelessness has been an emergency since he was city commissioner 20 years ago.
- Yet again, even though the city can't find money for homelessness or streets ... Portland has $3.3 million to pour into the streetcar for - get this - marketing!
- Citizen activists get a ballot title to change the make-up of city council. Now, can they get the signatures?
Here's how you can hear more:
- Listen on Podbean, the podcasting platform.
- The podcast is now available on iTunes. Please subscribe to make the most of your weekly Econ Minute.
For blogging on the Portland City Council scene, check out TuesdayMemo.
For a minute or so of economics, read the EconMinute blog.